Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

11 June 2017 - Natural Consequences

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 11 June 2017 - Natural Consequences on Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:06 pm

Jack

Admin
Recently an old junkyard went out of business.  It hadn't been in good shape for a while.  After it closed down, the city and the county and the owner started to argue about who was responsible for what.  it's become a place of investigation for the kids who live around it - like your twelve-year old twins, Chet and Joey.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Though signs have been posted that the area is unsafe, there have still been kids brought home by the police, when they were found trespassing there.  You have a talk with your kids, assuring them that you understand the appeal in exploring there, but explaining the dangers (both physical and legal).  You also assure them that, if you find out they've been in there, you're going to 'wear them out' - a phrase that lets them know they won't want to make any plans that involve sitting for a while afterwards.

Today, you get a call.  It's Chet, but you can hear Joey in the background.  Chet assures you that he's already called 911, and an ambulance is on the way.  They were exploring the junk yard, Joey slipped, something shifted, and his arm was hit and hurt.  It turns out that it's broken, but fortunately not especially serious, and he'll only be in a casts for six to eight weeks.

Of course, you're not abusive, and a broken arm is probably more painful than any spanking you'd ever give.  But what about  Chet?

Last edited by Jack on Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

2 Re: 11 June 2017 - Natural Consequences on Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:46 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
Chet's getting spanked. His bottom will be fine long before Joey's arm has healed.

3 Re: 11 June 2017 - Natural Consequences on Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:13 pm

Padraig

Trailboss
I dont know. What can a kid teach more than natural consequences of an - avoidable - accident?

Let's have a talk first.

4 Re: 11 June 2017 - Natural Consequences on Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:50 pm

Adric

Cowboy
I'm with Kier on this one. Chet gets "worn out" and Joey gets the "natural consequence".

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Adric

5 Re: 11 June 2017 - Natural Consequences on Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:15 pm

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm going along with Padraig. Chet has had a big scare, even if his arm wasn't broken. He had the presence of mind to call 911. A spanking will just be redundant.

I have no intention of suing anyone, but the owner should have secured the property. The city and county also should have ensured it was secured. As it appears it is both an attractive nuisance and actually dangerous, I'll raise some hell if they don't immediately take steps to keep kids out. Signs aren't good enough.

Kat

6 Re: 11 June 2017 - Natural Consequences on Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:24 am

ivor

Marshall
I'm with Padraig. Otherwise what's the message you're giving.

"If you go in the scrapyard and want to avoid a spanking just make sure you break a bone or two." ?

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

7 Re: 11 June 2017 - Natural Consequences on Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:59 am

Peter_Z

Wrangler
I am not sure too
But in the end I think because they both did something they were told before not to do it, they both have earned them a punishment.
Joe is already punished enough but Chet's bottom needs to get spanked.

8 Re: 11 June 2017 - Natural Consequences on Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:57 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
I agree with Kat

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

9 Re: 11 June 2017 - Natural Consequences on Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:35 am

Zyngaru

Wrangler
"You also assure them that, if you find out they've been in there, you're going to 'wear them out' - a phrase that lets them know they won't want to make any plans that involve sitting for a while afterwards."

Do you have a choice?

You made the promise/threat of a spanking if they go in there.

Does your word mean anything?

Last edited by Zyngaru on Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)

10 Re: 11 June 2017 - Natural Consequences on Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:41 am

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Zyngaru wrote:"You also assure them that, if you find out they've been in there, you're going to 'wear them out' - a phrase that lets them know they won't want to make any plans that involve sitting for a while afterwards."

Do you have a choice?

You made the promise/threat of a spanking if they go in there.

Does your word mean anything?

Even the most consistent parent needs to consider the circumstances. Had neither of the boys been injured, then a spanking would be in order. As I see it, the purpose of the spanking threat was to deter the boys going there. The threat failed to deter them, but now they have learned the hard way why I restricted them from the junkyard.

I don't think they'll question my word for backing off a promised spanking this time. Sometimes you have to weigh whether the possibility of losing some credibility is stronger than the possibility of making your kids resent you for being overly harsh. In this situation, I think the loss of credibility is the lesser danger.

Kat

11 Re: 11 June 2017 - Natural Consequences on Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:50 am

db105

Trailboss
I'm spanking Chet, unless he's traumatized or something. I'll take into account he has already had a good scare with his brother's accident, though.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

12 Re: 11 June 2017 - Natural Consequences on Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:20 pm

Jack

Admin
If we're taking Joey home, I'll get him set up in his bed and get him his pain meds if he needs them. Then Chet and I are going to have a talk.

I'm going to start by praising him for how well he handled things - he prioritized, calling emergency response first, and then he let me know without wasting time trying to cover up what actually happened.

After he understands that I really am very satisfied and quite proud of his reactions, I'm going to ask what I told them would happen if I found out they'd been in there. I'm going to ask him what he thinks I should do with Joey, since he ended up with an injury. Then I'll ask what he thinks I should do with him.

I'm pretty sure I will be spanking, and Chet will be crying, but I don't think it will be quite as bad as I'd originally promised.

But I should probably talk to Joey about it first, just to be sure.

13 Re: 11 June 2017 - Natural Consequences on Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:11 pm

squarecutter

Sherrif
I go with DB but I suspect it wont be quite as bad it might have been Had his brother not been injured

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum