Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

Father's Day 2017

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Father's Day 2017 on Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:43 pm

Jack

Admin
Father's Day is always pretty interesting, since most of the kids leave for camp either the same afternoon or early the next morning. Still, the boys do a good job on it.

I actually slept through the night last night. When I woke, I started to head for the kitchen, then heard some noise and climbed back in bed and read for a bit.

After about 15 minutes, the boys brought me a medium-sized breakfast (bagel sandwich with hash brown sticks and a blueberry muffin for dessert).

I read for a while, got up, hung out with them, and just messed around. They couldn't really hide that they were making brunch, so I didn't pay much attention to it.... until the guests started to arrive.

Except for Bobby (out of state), Tommy (had to go to his in-laws house this year), JD, Charlie, and Mikell (military service and they couldn't get leave arranged to make it), all my boys showed up, as well as Trent and Aaron (little brothers). That means most of the grandkids (and soon to be grandkids) made it as well. Some of my other brothers stopped by for a while, and Marcia was excited to see that there really are some girls in the family.

We relaxed, ate, chatted and visited, played games (in and out of the pool, outside and inside games), and just generally had a really great visit.

When it all comes down to it, I think that's what most dads really want.

I did get a couple of nice gifts, though - a glider for the patio, a new set of grilling tools, and a really nice edition of Doc Savage: His Apocalyptic Life.

There were a lot of high points to the day, including spending a little time with Emmet, trying to explain that I won't be his father-in-law, but finally gave in and told him I would be if he wanted me to. Another of them was when Chandler Hardy dropped by to give me a 'Friendship' card and thank me for doing so much stuff with him. His mom seemed a bit uncomfortable, but I think he was in heaven when I invited them to join us.

Anyway, up early tomorrow to take the kids to camp, which gives me another gift - some peace and quiet!

2 Re: Father's Day 2017 on Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:34 pm

18Smacked

Cowboy
A very happy Fathers Day to you, Jack, and indeed, to all fathers here!

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=18Smacked

3 Re: Father's Day 2017 on Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:14 pm

kalico

Sherrif
HAPPY HAPPY FATHERS DAY to you jack!

And to all the fathers and soon to be fathers!

Safe travels to and from camp and enjoy the rest of your day....

Hugs kal

4 Re: Father's Day 2017 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:27 am

LLALVA

Trailboss
cheers Happy Father's day! cheers

It seems that you had a great day!

I hope that you have a good diving to camp!

Hugs

Leti

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum