Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

19 June 2017 - Summer Camp

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 19 June 2017 - Summer Camp on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:35 am

Jack

Admin
It's just after 4am as I write this.  I'm often awake at this time of day, giving the boys a quick check, then logging on here for a few minutes.  The difference is, today I don't get to go back to bed in a few minutes.

I have already woken about half the boys... Well, I woke them all, and it took with some of them.  We go through a similar thing most school days.  Ethan and Parker tend to take turns getting up and showering, while the other stays in bed a few more minutes.  I'm making all the boys who are going to camp get up and shower this morning, considering even the youngest of them is in early puberty now.

Yeah, Curtis and Connor aren't going to camp this year.  They spent the night with Jason and Sarah last night.  Next year, Connor will be old enough, but I haven't even thought of splitting them up yet.  This week, the two of them will be spending most of their time away from home.  They'll be hanging out with Gwen and Rachel (my brother Mike's youngest, who's 6), Rhett and Ryder, Adam, Andy and Owen, and Paden (Marcia's youngest)  with various cousins and big brothers, and even an uncle or two, taking them around to 6 Flags, NRH2O (a water park which is a bit more 'short-oriented... shoriented? than Hurricane Harbor), Sandy Lake, the Dallas Zoo, and they were still disagreeing about whether spending an entire day relaxing and picnicking broken by Cars 3, or going down to Jellystone Park.

The boys that are going to camp are Kenny, Devon, Colt, Leif, Van, Parker, Liam Ethan, and Jeremy.  Zeke, John, Greg, and the twins are going as junior counselors.  Noah and Barry considered it, but they're both dating at school and decided to work.  Ryan is being an assistant dance teacher this summer, and Daniel is working for me (I told him to go if he wanted, but he still has his vacation trip to Wizard World).  Mike Guice wanted to go, but he's going to visit some family with his mom, and she was limited on when she could take vacation.

No, you do not see Bryce on that list.  Bryce is starting a wrestling camp this week.  I kind of wanted him to go to the regular camp just as something different, but he really loves this, and is showing dedication to it, so that's great.

Anyway, I need to go make sure that everyone's had their showers (I already took a break to make sure the second wave was up).  We already loaded the trunks in the bus, and we're meeting at Whataburger (24 hours, Breakfast on a Bun, and the best fast food biscuits I've ever had) to join with the rest of the caravan, and we need to leave in 25 minutes, so.....

Last edited by Jack on Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

2 Re: 19 June 2017 - Summer Camp on Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:11 am

Journey

Greenhorn
Aww, Connor and Curtis sound like they're about to have a good time. I forgot that Cars 3 is out already there. We still don't have it here.

It's nice that Bryce is going to wrestling camp and that he likes it a lot. When I was in grade school and early high school, I used to attend math camp for most of the summer. A lot of the kids didn't really want to be there. Those who flourished were the ones who really enjoyed the math itself. I suppose it's the same with Bryce and wrestling.

What jobs to Noah and Barry have this summer?

And hahaha, Whataburger is so very Texas. Smile

P.S. (Psst, it's June 19 today, not July 19. Very Happy I actually had to think about that for a second, and I don't even have the excuse of it being an ungodly hour in the morning. Hahaha.)

3 Re: 19 June 2017 - Summer Camp on Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:57 am

LLALVA

Trailboss
Wow, you all are going to have a busy summer!

It's great that Curtis and Connor will have so many things to do with the other little kids!

Great that Jeremy, Zeke, John, Greg, and the twins can go as counselors, is that in the same camp as the other kids, do they get to see each other?

I hope that Bryce has a great time at his wrestling camp.

Will Barry and Noah work for you?

Thanks for sharing.

Hugs I love you

Leti

4 Re: 19 June 2017 - Summer Camp on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:40 am

David M. Katz

Marshall
Now you need to figure out what to do with the rest of them so as to have a 'vacation' yourself. Very Happy

Does Van not prefer some sort of music camp?

5 Re: 19 June 2017 - Summer Camp on Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:33 pm

Jack

Admin
Journey wrote:And hahaha, Whataburger is so very Texas. Smile

And so very good! The only fast food burger I've found that I like better is (two, so are) Fatburgers and Five Guys.

Journey wrote:P.S. (Psst, it's June 19 today, not July 19. Very Happy I actually had to think about that for a second, and I don't even have the excuse of it being an ungodly hour in the morning. Hahaha.)

Fixed that in the original post. Thanks.

LLALVA wrote:Great that Jeremy, Zeke, John, Greg, and the twins can go as counselors, is that in the same camp as the other kids, do they get to see each other?

Yes, the cabins are broken up by age, and a lot of the activities are, but they'll still see each other. The older boys will probably be staying in cabins with some of the younger boys to help supervise.

LLALVA wrote:Will Barry and Noah work for you?

Yes.

David M. Katz wrote:Does Van not prefer some sort of music camp?

Van is attending three camps this summer (and did last summer). One general one, one for animals, one for piano - each two weeks.

6 Re: 19 June 2017 - Summer Camp on Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:23 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
I haven't had Whataburger since I was married--but it was the only thing I enjoyed about visiting my in-laws in GA. From memory, I think I preferred it to Five Guys. I've never had Fatburgers, but my favorite is from The Habit Burger Grill which is gradually expanding to national availability.

7 Re: 19 June 2017 - Summer Camp on Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:37 pm

Jack

Admin
I've talked about most of the kids, but there are a few that haven't gone. We've been going to this same session of this same camp for years now, many of our friends send their kids as well, thus this session tends to fill up early. Because of that, we weren't able to get Marcia's kids in. While Paden is hanging out with the other littles, Glenn and Cline were stuck out. We were able to get them (and Emmet) into another camp, but it's only a one week session, and they don't start until next week. In the meantime, they're at the Y day camp doing some different things, while Mom is at work.

I had Emmet and Billy over today. They both arrived before 8 o'clock. For both of them, yesterday was mostly spent playing video games, watching TV, and just a hint of reading. Today was a lot different. After I'd gone back to sleep, I'd slept in, since there was nothing I had to worry about getting anyone up for. When I woke, I made one of my favorite breakfast snacks - a toasted bagel sandwich with cream cheese and Danish ham. the boys hadn't seen anything like that, so I made them one, which they loved.

As for me, I loved the two of them deciding to skinny dip for a while.

They did go to work with me. We had a great time, since they love talking books and comics, and driving gave us plenty of time. Emmet ran into a kid he knows from school at one of the stores. "Ah, man! Your dad owns the comic stores?" The look on his Em's face was priceless. "Um, not really. He's going to be my... Jack, what are you going to be again?"

We did some prep word work today. Billy is going to be making his own paddle, and Emmet is going to make one to leave here. How could I object to that.

They'll be staying in the tweens room tonight, and going to work with me tomorrow. Both of them seem to be having a great time. They're in the library right now, picking out something to watch tonight. I think I've decided to just order pizza for dinner, and we can eat in the theater.

Now if I could only find a way to spend some quality time like that with my own kids without the whole crowd around.

8 Re: 19 June 2017 - Summer Camp on Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:55 pm

db105

Trailboss
It looks like they loved the individual attention they got. Smile

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

9 Re: 19 June 2017 - Summer Camp on Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:24 pm

kalico

Sherrif
Aw it's great that you do get to spend some quality time with them but I hear what ya mean... enjoy!

Enjoy the movie

Hugs kal

10 Re: 19 June 2017 - Summer Camp on Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:47 am

Jack

Admin
We did have a great time. It turns out that neither of them knows much about the old Godzilla, so we ended up watching a couple of my favorite, older G movies last night. Some of the older kids joined us in the theater. There's really not much to say about it - just a simple, fun time for all of us.

They're going to work with me again today, and we're going to do some wood working this afternoon. They're going home tonight, but they'll be back tomorrow. We've had enough interests and request that we're going to do a Scout meeting tomorrow. The boys run most of the actual meeting, and I contacted enough adults that we'll dedicate a couple of hours to working on ... I can never remember the new term - they're merit badges to me.

11 Re: 19 June 2017 - Summer Camp on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:29 am

kalico

Sherrif
Enjoy working with the kiddos on the badges and enjoy your day jack

Hugs kal

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum