a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 06-21-2017 Sunday Walk - A Peter Z Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Sunday Walk
A Peter Z Production

Last Sunday afternoon your family and the family of a good friend took a trip, including a picnic and a long walk in a local nature area.

Your friends had their son Thomas with them.

Thomas - 8
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Your two sons, Marc and Danny, were with you.

Marc- 8, Danny -6

While the kids were playing in a grassy area, you, your spouse and your friends had a relaxed talk about lot of things. The subject of your children was part of the discussion.

Your friend's spouse said how lucky they are with Thomas. He is an active kid but they have had, up to now, no problems with him. Sometimes he gets a smack on his bottom but even this is rarely needed. Your friend told you that Thomas has only ever needed a formal spanking once. Last summer Thomas got a formal spanking with the wooden spoon on the seat of his leather shorts.

Of course you told them how lucky you are with your boys too; and this is the truth. You did have to admit that you have had to spank more frequently than they spank Thomas. When you told them that Marc was spanked three time last year and already has had two spankings this year, your friend's spouse was quite astonished. Your friend's spouse says Marc seems really calm compared to Thomas.  You stated Marc's spankings were over the knee and you used only your hand to heat up his bottom. This seemed to quiet any concerns.

You changed the subject but you started thinking if maybe your spankings are too harsh and too frequent. What you did nt tell your friends was that at all these spankings were on a fully bared bottom.  You remembered that Marc's last spanking, just one week ago, given for lying was a quite severe one. After that one, when Marc pulled his underwear back in place, you realized that even his thighs were glowing red at the top. Marc seemed quiet for a few few days after that spanking until he finally regained his typical cheerful attitude.

Were you too severe? Will you think over your spanking policy especially when you see that an even more active child could be handled with less strict and less frequent spankings?

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I would give some thought to my own way of doing things, particularly if it took several days for Marc to act like his usual self after a spanking. It may be less the severity than the way I'm dealing with the situation. The frequency doesn't seem that often to me. Perhaps Marc is very sensitive. I'd probably start with talking to the boys.

Kat

David M. Katz

Marshall
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I think Kat makes some good points and I see no issue in having a family discussion about the issue. (I am sure the boys will be all for less frequent and less intense spankings. Very Happy ) I think the idea that I need to evaluate how I react and handle myself during the spanking is a good point.

With that said, every family dynamic is different and every child is different. It would appear that Thomas's parents have found what works for their family and I seem to have found what works for mine. Perhaps I do need to evaluate severity but frequency seems about right. As long as I am not abusive and the spanking is appropriate to age and degree of offense then I bet we are OK.

It does warrant some thought and discussion but, in the end, I know my sons and my family dynamic better than anyone.

db105

Trailboss
Each family and each child is different, and what work's for others is not necessarily what works for us.

The only thing I'd be concerned is that it took several days for my son to get back to normal after a spanking. Maybe I should think about spanking less hard.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

ivor

Marshall
Can't really add to DB's points, other than to say I do need to bear in mind my sons are only 6 and 8.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Jack

Admin
The real problem is that every word in this is subject.

Okay, these folks are happy with how their kid behaves; does that mean I'd be happy with it? So he's 'more active' than my kids, maybe that just means he's too tired to get into a lot of trouble, or that he's simply not imaginative enough to come up with mischief, or that my kids encourage each other to push the limits.

Like everyone else said - each person and each family is different, and it if works for us, that's what's important. I may want to consider the kids' age and tone things down a bit, but I might want to consider other things. Most boys I've known recover fairly quick from a spanking they deserved. How sure am I that Marc lied, or that he did it deliberately?

And honestly, when someone comes up with something like 'oh, we never have trouble with Thomas' in the middle of a conversation, it kind of makes me wonder if they're just bragging or actually ignoring something. As a former teacher, and I'll bet Kat can back me up on this, many parents are just flat in denial of 'their little angels' actual behavior.

MemoryMan

Sherrif
What goes on in other families is not my concern.  (unless, of course, I suspect abuse)

As David said --- "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

If Marc took a day or two to get over his last spanking I may have been overly severe, or there may have been some other reason internalised by Marc.

Was this abnormal post spanking behaviour?

A little gentle probing would seem to be in order.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Emlyn Morgan

Trailboss
I think Thomas should get a whacking mit Lederhosen und Lederstreben around his ankles.

Y Lee Coyote

Deputy
My immediate problem is that Thomas is overdressed in clothes fit for a fancy affair (wedding, church, the father/son dinner) rather than for play.  I trust that this is just the issue of finding an appropriate picture and not a matter for discussion here.  Now this young gent is more ready to play.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

From comparing what Thomas’ parents do (re spanking) and my procedures there are indications that I spank to much unless my two are major brats.  Correction is more properly directed between the ear than around the butthole.  This will be come more and more so as the boys become teens.

Y.

Edit: Made image active.

Last edited by Y Lee Coyote on Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

David M. Katz

Marshall
Y Lee Coyote wrote:My immediate problem is that Thomas is overdressed in clothes fit for a fancy affair (wedding, church, the father/son dinner) rather than for play.  I trust that this is just the issue of finding an appropriate picture and not a matter for discussion here.

Y.

The author of the scenario picked this picture from one of the prompt lists. Except for the bare feet I also thought he was a bit overdressed for play time. I think the picture was chosen for illustrative purposes only.

Padraig

Trailboss
He was definitively overdressed - for the field trip as well as the spanking.

Reflecting one's action is never a bad thing.

Peter_Z

Kid
For a spanking Thomas for sure is overdressed.
For a Sunday afternoon trip in the nature - don't know. With his Lederhosen he can sit everywhere and play around there I see no Problem.

Marc I think really looks a bit sad. Maybe he is still impressed by his last spanking. This is what I wanted to say.
On one side that is exactly what you want as father. That he is impressed, remembers it and will absolutely not do it again.
On the other side as loving father you want you son happy and not worrying about the last spanking he got.
This is what I wanted to say when describing the boy situation with he needs his time to get back to normal.

Y Lee Coyote

Deputy
David M. Katz wrote:I think the picture was chosen for illustrative purposes only.
Dave,

I noted that the image was not an issue except as an aside.

Y.

http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

David M. Katz

Marshall
Y Lee Coyote wrote:
David M. Katz wrote:I think the picture was chosen for illustrative purposes only.
Dave,

I noted that the image was not an issue except as an aside.

Y.

Yes, I knew that. However, a brief explanation is always helpful.

Zyngaru

Kid
You really can't guage how you discipline your child compared to how someone else disciplines their child. Every parent has different criteria from which they measure their child's behavior. What one parent would label backtalk another parent would label as discussion.
So your boys might be spanked less by Thomas's parents and Thomas might be spanked more by you.

As a normal procedure, you should review yourself ever so often anyway. Just to make sure you are not being to pick and stiffling you boys normal boyhood experiences. As review that you are not becoming lazy and lax.

If it took your son days to get over a spanking, then I think there may be a lack of communication. Check your before and especially after routine. Did you hug your son and let him know in uncertain terms that you love him. It is important the boy know it is his behavior that is unacceptable, not him.

Z

Peter_Z

Kid
Y Lee Coyote wrote:  Now this young gent is more ready to play.  

Y.
Edit: Made image active.

I fully agree. This outfit is much better for play.
But the short should come down for spanking too.

And I fully agree with Zyngaru's note.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum