a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

26 June 2017 - The Tie Goes to...?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 26 June 2017 - The Tie Goes to...? on Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:43 pm

Jack

Admin
"Evan, I need you to load the dishwasher tonight."

"It's Sam's turn," your recently turned 13-year old son replies to you.

"I know it says Sam on the schedule, but Sam has a recital tonight, so I need you to do it."

"That's not fair!"

"It's as fair as when Sam did it for you last week, when you had the play practice."

"But that's... "

"Do not tell me that was different, Evan Mitchell.  It was exactly the same thing."

"Fine," your son says, turning back to his homework.

You help Sam get his tie done and fix his hair.  It only takes a few minutes.  He makes a quick pit stop, then you give him your car keys, so he can take his horn down.  You're already ready, but you give him a second ahead of you out the door.

"Evan, I thought you said you were finished with your homework."

"This is just reading, Dad.  I did the questions and stuff."

You roll your eyes, but decide not to argue about what 'homework' includes right now.

"Fine, but get that done, do  your chores, and don't forget the dishes.   No video games until you're done."

"Fine."

"Do you understand me, Evan?"

You don't want to push it, but Evan has a been suffering a bad case of selective hearing lately, and you don't want any questions.

"Whatever," he says, with no attempt to hide the sarcasm.

"Excuse me?  Do you want to sleep on your stomach tonight?"

No, sir," he says, obviously worried now, but also still far from polite or respectful.

"Then what did I say?"

"Finish my homework, then my chores, then Sam's chores, then I can play video games."

"I don't know why you have to make this such a fight, Evan, but just to be clear, if you don't get it done, I'm going to wear you out.  Understand?"

He mutters something you can't make out.

"Last chance, mister."

"Yes, sir, I understand."

You leave.

A little over two hours later, you return home.  Sam did really great.  He did so great you stopped and got him a milk shake on the way home, not forgetting to snag one for yourself, as well as bringing Evan's favorite, hoping to calm things down between the two of you.  When you walk in the door, the first thing you see is

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

followed almost immediately by

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Ummm... Hey, y'all are home earlier than I expected."

What's your reply, Dad?

2 Re: 26 June 2017 - The Tie Goes to...? on Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:52 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
My reply:

"You said you understood that there was to be no games until chores were done or you would be spanked. I have a milkshake for you that we can hold in the freezer. Finish loading the dishes and then meet me in your room for your spanking."

3 Re: 26 June 2017 - The Tie Goes to...? on Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:25 pm

18Smacked

Cowboy
Dave has it, here.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=18Smacked

4 Re: 26 June 2017 - The Tie Goes to...? on Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:46 pm

jackson1

Wrangler
Not exactly clear here, is the "creature selection" image evidence that video games were played before doing chores were commenced?

5 Re: 26 June 2017 - The Tie Goes to...? on Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:57 pm

db105

Trailboss
I feel a bit constrained here, because this is a case of a teenager being contrary and difficult, and satisfying as it would be to spank him for it, I would prefer to reserve spanking for more serious problems. After all, he is loading the dishwasher now and there's not much harm done, other than my frustration. However, I did make it so clear that the he had to do chores before playing and that he would get a spanking if he didn't... Aww, I don't know, I'll go ahead, but if he is apologetic and doesn't give me more attitude I'll let him convince me and give him only a token spanking.

Last edited by db105 on Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

6 Re: 26 June 2017 - The Tie Goes to...? on Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:57 pm

Jack

Admin
jackson1 wrote:Not exactly clear here, is the "creature selection" image evidence that video games were played before doing chores were commenced?

Yes, it is an image from a video game that's on your TV screen as you walk into the house. While the exact timing isn't proven, the video games were played before chores were finished is a definite 'yes'.

7 Re: 26 June 2017 - The Tie Goes to...? on Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:13 pm

kalico

Sherrif
Yup Katz has it for me .......

Definitely will be sleeping on a sore red bottom tonight....

Hugs kal

8 Re: 26 June 2017 - The Tie Goes to...? on Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:30 pm

Y Lee Coyote

Deputy
I have reservations.

I want to know if Evan has finished his OWN chores and homework.  If not then he is definitely in trouble.

If he has, then the Philadelphia lawyer in me would listen to the argument “that my chores are done and I took a break.”  After all, if we got home five minutes later I would not have seen the infraction (unless I noted when the dishwashing cycle was done).  

Finally, we need better rules for chores and swapping.  The three of us have to work out a protocol to avoid what happened today.

Y.

http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

9 Re: 26 June 2017 - The Tie Goes to...? on Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:52 pm

jackson1

Wrangler
Jack wrote:
jackson1 wrote:Not exactly clear here, is the "creature selection" image evidence that video games were played before doing chores were commenced?

Yes, it is an image from a video game that's on your TV screen as you walk into the house.  While the exact timing isn't proven, the video games were played before chores were finished is a definite 'yes'.

Parental instructions and consequences for not following them were clearly stated and comprehension signaled. A spanking is therefore deserved and should be administered.

10 Re: 26 June 2017 - The Tie Goes to...? on Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:00 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
I think DMK has it right. This is a household, not a courtroom, in Philadelphia or elsewhere. Evan was told VERY clearly what he was supposed to do, and was told equally clearly what the consequences what be for failing to do it. There's no excuse.

11 Re: 26 June 2017 - The Tie Goes to...? on Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:49 pm

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
My feelings are closer to Daniel's. Evan is doing what I asked. He disobeyed me by not doing things in the order I specified, but I'd have never known if I'd been a few minutes later. Spanking him in these circumstances feels as I'm picking my battles badly. I understand the need to help kids (and sometimes adults) prioritize; but I also think when the jobs are being done in a timely manner, kids deserve some autonomy to do their own prioritizing. So...

"Well, it looks as if you're still loading the dishwasher. I'm going to overlook the video game I saw on the TV. I brought you a milkshake.

Thanks for taking care of this for me, Evan."

Kat

12 Re: 26 June 2017 - The Tie Goes to...? on Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:26 pm

Adric

Cowboy
I'm with Kat.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Adric

13 Re: 26 June 2017 - The Tie Goes to...? on Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:46 am

ivor

Marshall
I'm more on DB's side here. Perhaps a couple of stingoors as a reminder, but that's it.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

14 Re: 26 June 2017 - The Tie Goes to...? on Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:40 am

Jack

Admin
Nope, sorry. I was gone for over two hours. Unless the kid shows me that he actually had to read 50 pages, or that he's been filling miserable, he's getting spanked.

I should say that he is NOT getting spanked because he's loading the dishwasher when I get home. He's getting spanked because I asked him to do something simple - something that he's had the benefit of in the past - and he argued about it and backtalked me about it. Because of his behavior, I gave him a very specific instruction, and he disobeyed.

Like David said, this doesn't have to be a barn burner, and I will listen to any excuse he has for disobeying, but it had better be good or he will be getting a sore bottom.

15 Re: 26 June 2017 - The Tie Goes to...? on Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:56 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
I'm not going to jump to conclusions.

If he seems to have taken too long he may have diverted to some other non-proscribed activity bu assuming that his homework (it may have been interesting reading) and his own chores were done. The pictorial evidence could simply be showing that he was booting up the game while he was completing his final chore.

In the absence of any conclusive contrary evidence he can have his milk shake and I'll get off his back.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

16 Re: 26 June 2017 - The Tie Goes to...? on Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:46 am

Peter_Z

Wrangler
I am on DBs side here too

17 Re: 26 June 2017 - The Tie Goes to...? on Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:38 pm

squarecutter

Sherrif
I am with Jack an David. He played games before he completed chores and is now trying to blur the lines. His attitude hasn't helped him. this will be by way of a reset for Evan

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum