Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Friends - Summer 2017

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 New Friends - Summer 2017 on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:34 pm

Jack

Admin
I have been thinking about making this post for a while.

This might not come as a surprise, if you think about it, but we have a lot of new kids around this summer. That's really not unusual. It seems like every summer, we have some kid find out house when he's visiting relatives, or doing visitation with (usually) Dad, or moving, or just knows one of my kids (or one of their friends) from school without being a regular visitor.

This year's a bit different. You see, besides our regular kids, PJ moved here with Jake and Ryan, and Marcus has 3 or 4 step-sons (well, not yet, but that's how they're already acting), and the Scouts have been a lot more active here this summer.

I am NOT going to introduce all these boys right now. Some of them might never show up in stories. I do have one family that I'll post about when I have time. They're friends of Mason and Logan McFarland, but it was actually Daniel who brought them over here (remember, Daniel is living with Ryan McFarland right now). These boys live across the street from Mason and Logan, and their oldest boy is a huge comics fan.

The real problem with things like this is - some kids I think are going to be really active around here disappear and I never mention them again. Others, I don't talk about at all, then they become very important. Some of these kids, I'm not even sure of their names or how old they are. Others.....

I just thought I'd post this for fun, and I can make mentions here when needed.

2 Re: New Friends - Summer 2017 on Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:43 pm

kalico

Sherrif
Can't wait to hear about the new ones .....

Hugs kal

3 Re: New Friends - Summer 2017 on Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:37 pm

handmade straps

Wrangler
kalico wrote:Can't wait to hear about the new ones .....

Hugs kal

Same here

4 Re: New Friends - Summer 2017 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:38 pm

Jack

Admin
I wasn't sure when I started this just whom I'd go into detail about.  I probably should have waited until school started, just to see who keeps coming over.    On the other hand, there are a few kids who are worth mentioning.  Both are families from the same complex where PJ has moved with Ryan and Jake.  That means I'll probably keep seeing them.

The Hendersons are a family of three boys living with their mom.  All three of them are gingers, though they range strawberry blond to nearly a light brown.  Kelly is the oldest at 12, Dillon is next at 11, and the youngest, Brennan, is 9.

There's not a whole lot to say about them yet.  They seem like pretty typical boys with typical boy interests.  The time they've spent here has mostly been outside, though they all like movies and video games.  

I think their Mom (I'm using 'Henderson' as the family name for them all, though I'm not going to call her Florence, so....), Bridget, was a bit nervous at them coming over at first.  After she had a chance to meet some of the other parents and kids, I think she calmed down a bit.  One of the reasons I think we'll continue to see her and the boys is that Dillon likes to read.  Another is that I was willing to let Brennan hang out with the littles one evening (the other two were spending the night with the tweens), so she could have an evening out with her friends.  PJ also let the three spend the night.  She told PJ that having a two girls' nights out is more than she's had in the last year.  Then again, she says that three active boys is more than most people are used to.

The other two kids who are friends of Jake and Ryan's who've joined us are a more interesting case....

"More interesting than three red-headed Irish-boys less than four years apart," Constant Reader exclaims.

"Yes," I reply.  "More interesting than that."

Kerry and Raul are both 11 and will both be starting sixth grade next month.  I guess that makes them Irish Twins.  

Well, maybe Irish step-twins.

Let me say first of all that their parents have only been married about two months - the marriage took place the weekend after school ended, and the four of them went on a family vacation/honeymoon.  At the end of their trip, the boys were dropped with Dad's parents, and Mom and Dad had a weekend alone.  

The four of them are living in a two bedroom apartment, apparently a mirror of PJ's, while saving for a deposit on a home.

I say the two are Irish twins, because Kerry will be twelve almost as soon as school starts, but Raul only turned eleven last month, so they're almost ten months apart.  The really cute thing about this is that, despite both being eleven, Kerry is about 5'1", while Raul is barely 4'7".  I've seen them changing for the pool, and Kerry is in the early stages or puberty, while Raul doesn't seem to know what it is yet.  Despite the size difference, both boys are pretty active.  Both are going to start Scouts this year.  

The most interesting thing is that they already seem to act like brothers, alternately getting along and sniping at each other, which is really funny, because Kerry is pretty generic northern European, while Raul is apparently (at least part) Punjabi (Indian).

The two of them make a great pair.

Last edited by Jack on Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

5 Re: New Friends - Summer 2017 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:57 pm

db105

Trailboss
Some time ago it seemed that you wouldn't have younger kids around the house, since yours were getting older, but with new kids, their friends (plus grandkids), the place seems as crazy as ever! Very Happy

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

6 Re: New Friends - Summer 2017 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:23 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
Yes, good to see some younger kids around again.

7 Re: New Friends - Summer 2017 on Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:12 am

Jack

Admin
db105 wrote:Some time ago it seemed that you wouldn't have younger kids around the house, since yours were getting older, but with new kids, their friends (plus grandkids), the place seems as crazy as ever! Very Happy

Even before Connor and Curtis, I had Adam (who's 9 now), my grand nephews, who are 6,9, and 12 (I think), and Rhett and Ryder, who are 7 and 9 (if I have my birthdays straight - their birthdays, rather). And now, with my newer, new step-grandsons (as of this upcoming Saturday), the little kids will outnumber the big kids on some nights.

8 Re: New Friends - Summer 2017 on Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:58 am

kalico

Sherrif
Wow the wedding is approaching fast can't believe how fast the summer has went....congratulations to them

Both new sets of kiddos sound very cute and I can't to hear more as time goes....

Thanks for sharing jack

Hugs kal

9 Re: New Friends - Summer 2017 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:40 pm

Jack

Admin
I was glancing back at this and realized that I'd accidentally used 'Kelly' as the name of the older/est boy in both families I introduced above. While the two do have similar names, they're not exactly the same, so I've altered that. If you remember something - I just changed it on you.

However, that's not the reason I came here.

No, I came here because I received interesting information from Raul today.

I had been out this morning, and he was leaving the bathroom when I was putting lunch trays together, so he stopped to help. We talked a bit before he said, "Yeah, Kerry says my mom is a lot stricter than his dad, and that's making his dad more strict."

"So is he as strict as your mom now?" I asked.

"No," he replied, "but she hardly ever made me finish it when she grounded me. He always finishes a spanking."

"Would you rather be grounded?"

"No, but I would have said yes if you'd asked me last night."

A couple of other boys came in then, which changed the subject.

10 Re: New Friends - Summer 2017 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:17 pm

kalico

Sherrif
Aw poor kiddo ...

That's funny though but I bet if he gets grounded he will finishing it now .....

Thanks for sharing jack

Hugs kal

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum