Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

24 July 2017 - Your Decision

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 24 July 2017 - Your Decision on Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:05 pm

Jack

Admin
You've just come back from vacation.  While you were gone, the two teenage boys next door

Rory (18) and Kirby (16)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

took care of your pets and kept up the house for you. Some of your adult sons stopped by as well, but most of the work was done by those two boys. You've known them and their family for years, and you've treated the two of them like your own kids. They agree to the job, knowing how strict you are, and their father tells you and them ahead of time that, if he caught them violating the rules, he would turn them over to you to handle.

You pay VERY well, so they're happy to accept the conditions.

As you return home and get your family settled in, everything looks fine.  The biggest problem is that a towel and a couple of glasses were left out by the pool.  The boys had permission to use the pool, and they had a short list of guests they could have over.  You're a lot more worried about the pets being in good shape than you are a towel or glass, so you decide good enough, and send a text that the boys can stop by in the morning to pick up their pay.

When the boys arrive the next morning, their father is with them.  Kirby takes his money, thanks you, and leaves, while Rory stands by uncomfortably. Obviously under coercion from Dad, Rory admits that Dad had caught him over with a guest - a female who was definitely not approved, and they were in the house (which was supposed to be limited to just the two boys).

After Rory's confession, he admits that he's not whipped either boy in a while, but he knows some of your older boys are sometimes offered a choice of being paddled in place of anything else.  He says he'll enforce whatever you decide - taking his keys, his phone, actual grounding, or docking his pay, and if you want to use CP, he'll support that as well.

With that, he leaves you and Rory alone to talk.  You confirm that Rory did know the rules.  He says he likes the girl, and only brought her over because it's so hard for them to get time alone.  They only came in because she was scared to be alone with the big dogs (who are all sweethearts, but they are pretty big), and they both needed some water.

He apologizes and says he knows he was wrong, and then awaits your decision.

2 Re: 24 July 2017 - Your Decision on Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:00 pm

Adric

Cowboy
Jack wrote:They only came in because she was scared to be alone with the big dogs (who are all sweethearts, but they are pretty big), and they both needed some water.
Being scared of the big dogs sounds like a good enough excuse for her being in the house and getting some water.  I know she wasn't supposed to be here at all, but I'm in a good mood from my vacation so I'm going to let this one go.  I'll scold him some about not following my rules and then pay him what I agreed.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Adric

3 Re: 24 July 2017 - Your Decision on Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:20 pm

db105

Trailboss
Perhaps this is something Rory's father should deal with. I would like to know the circumstances under which Rory and his girlfriend were caught. What were they doing? Did they just stop for a minute to get a glass of water, or were they using the house for something else? I assume it's the latest, since Rory mentions wanting to spend time alone with her.

I'll tell Rory that I'm disappointed that he didn't follow my instructions, and that when he gets a job, doing things like this may cause him to lose the job. We'll discuss the consequences, and I'll offer him a choice between CP or losing his car keys for a while (except for completely essential driving).

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

4 Re: 24 July 2017 - Your Decision on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:49 pm

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm not really fussed about Rory having his girlfriend over. Yeah, he broke the rule, but I assume the rule was less about my being the morality police and more about ensuring the safety of my property. I'm inclined to let it go, except for the obligatory lecture.

Kat

5 Re: 24 July 2017 - Your Decision on Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:07 am

kalico

Sherrif
I'm inclined to agree with others other than I also would like to know if was as said and they just popped in or were they caught using my house as a non parental place to hang and still even with that I would just lecture and leave it.....

Hugs kal

6 Re: 24 July 2017 - Your Decision on Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:29 am

AFinch

Sherrif
I agree with Kat.

7 Re: 24 July 2017 - Your Decision on Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:50 am

ivor

Marshall
Add me to the K Club

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

8 Re: 24 July 2017 - Your Decision on Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:35 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
The arrangement has worked well and I have been satisfied so far. Rory has violated an arbitrary rule but not to an extent that has destroyed my trust.

I will accept his explanation of the circumstances. Even if its not fully the truth "Young love will find a way" and at least my house is a safe place to spend some private time together.

Our discussion will include an explanation of the reasoning behind my rules and then I will tell Rory that I will trust him and add his girlfriend to the permitted list before I pay him.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

9 Re: 24 July 2017 - Your Decision on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:59 am

Jack

Admin
I'm going to hold off on answering a bit yet. I am a little surprised that there is a range of answers on this. I did want to address one point, though.

MemoryMan wrote: Rory has violated an arbitrary rule but not to an extent that has destroyed my trust.

Our discussion will include an explanation of the reasoning behind my rules

The rule was not arbitrary, and Rory (and Kirby) did know the reason for it. It was there simply so Rory didn't get pressured into people wanting to come over and hang out or use the pool while we were away. With this rule (and the list), Rory could simply say 'Uncle Jack already said no, and you know what he's like. And my dad will be keeping an eye out, too.'

10 Re: 24 July 2017 - Your Decision on Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:29 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
Adric wrote:
Jack wrote:They only came in because she was scared to be alone with the big dogs (who are all sweethearts, but they are pretty big), and they both needed some water.
Being scared of the big dogs sounds like a good enough excuse for her being in the house and getting some water.  I know she wasn't supposed to be here at all, but I'm in a good mood from my vacation so I'm going to let this one go.  I'll scold him some about not following my rules and then pay him what I agreed.

I am going to adopt this answer.

11 Re: 24 July 2017 - Your Decision on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:42 pm

Jack

Admin
Yes, this was a real event.

Like most of the rest of you, I didn't think this was a real big deal.

Larry was a bit more upset than the rest of us, because he was uncomfortable with his son sneaking around to be with a girl. Considering his first marriage, and my being raised by teen parents, I can understand why that would worry him, and I did talk to Rory just a bit about that (more why his dad was making a 'big deal' about it).

The honest truth is, the reason for the rule was to stop a party from breaking out. I didn't have a real problem with him having the young lady over in theory. I did remind him that he agreed to the rules, and by not following them, he broke our agreement - leaving the decision in my hands, which is really not where you want a decision like that, but that was it - no actual punishment at all.

12 Re: 24 July 2017 - Your Decision on Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:22 pm

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Jack wrote:
The rule was not arbitrary, and Rory (and Kirby) did know the reason for it. It was there simply so Rory didn't get pressured into people wanting to come over and hang out or use the pool while we were away.  With this rule (and the list), Rory could simply say 'Uncle Jack already said no, and you know what he's like.  And my dad will be keeping an eye out, too.'

Oops! Sorry about my careless choice of adjectives.  

In my view a rule is a two part entity, the spirit and the detail.  When both are breached then censure becomes automatic but upholding the spirit leaves room for compromise on the detail.  In this instance we have both reached similar conclusions.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

13 Re: 24 July 2017 - Your Decision on Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:22 pm

Jack

Admin
MemoryMan wrote:Oops! Sorry about my careless choice of adjectives.  

No problem. "You can't have any friends over," could have been a knee jerk rule. In this case, if he'd asked if he could bring over a girl, I'm not sure what I would have said. Having been raised by teenage parents, I have strong opinions against putting boys and girls into situations like this. On the other hand, if it's going to happen, they will find a way for it to happen, so you might as well show you trust them.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum