Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

6 August 2017 - New Webelos

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 6 August 2017 - New Webelos on Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:55 pm

Jack

Admin
In general, over the school year, I've been able to cut back on my Scout activities.  During the summer, that picks up a lot, but that's by choice, and because I have the time to spend with the boys.  Available space counts as well.

Well, I'm back to running a group this school year.

The funny thing is, I don't even know any of the kids (well, I didn't, at least).

I still don't know much about the boys. I met them (and their parents) Friday at the school. I explained that I generally worked kids just getting started in Boy Scouts, and that my main goal was to get them up to speed and integrated into a troop; but that I had also worked with Cub Scouts for a long time.

I inherited this group, because they belonged to a small pack that had been falling apart for a while.  The woman who was their Den Mother had talked to Jerry about the kids moving up, and she was working to get them ready to move up this year.  Then her husband was transferred, leaving four ten year olds who weren't ready to start Boy Scouts, but didn't have anyone to let them stay in Cub Scouts.

"Ask Jack to do it," someone said. "He's easy."

The boys all attend BCA, and they know Kline, so that should work out, and Kline's been making noise about being interested.  I intend to work with them on Monday's, when we do the Boy Scout activities, which should let me keep everything together.  That works great, since Boy Scouts need less/loser supervision than Cubbies do.

At this point, I'm not even positive I have their names lined up, so I'll wait to say anything more about them.

2 Re: 6 August 2017 - New Webelos on Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:53 pm

kalico

Sherrif
Jack, jack, jack.....lol

Good luck and I hope it all works out and I can't wait to hear anout them.....

Hugs kal

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum